T- Rex Tooth Fragment (partial), Prehistoric Fossil, Genuine, Upper Cretaceous, Worldwide Shipping
For sale is a real Tyrannosaurus rex tooth fragment (partial shard). T-Rex was among the most powerful carnivores of all time (and is believed to have been an arch-rival of Triceratops). It is estimated to have been almost 40 feet long, 15-20 feet tall, and weighed up to 7 tonnes. It’s skull alone was almost the size of a full grown human (about 5 feet in length). This tooth originates from the Hell Creek Formation, South Dakota (USA).
- Each piece measures about ½ inches to ¾ inches long and may differ slightly from what is pictured in the photos.
- The tooth will closely resemble the sample teeth shown in the photos.
Tyrannosaurus rex is by far the most well-known dinosaur, having been the central figure of a huge number of books, movies, TV shows, and video games. What's truly fascinating, though, is how much what was once assumed as fact about this carnivore has later been questioned and how much is still being discovered. Here are 10 facts believed to be true:
Facts About T-Rex:
- The Tyrannosaurus had a life span of approximately 30 years.
- The word Tyrannosaurus originates from the Greek word meaning Tyrant Lizard
- T-Rex has many similar features to birds. It is believed by some that they were warm-blooded like birds, rather than cold-blooded like reptiles.
- Its arms were short relative to its body.
- It lived in North America in forests and valleys.
- It could probably consume as much as 500 pounds of meat in a single bite.
- The Chicago museum purchased the famous Tyrannosaurus Sue fossil for $8 million in 1997.
- T-Rex babies may have been covered in feathers.
THE ITEM(S) WILL BE SHIPPED OUT VIA STANDARD MAIL (TRACKABLE MAIL) (ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 3-5 WORKING DAYS DOMESTIC AND 10-15 WORKING DAYS INTERNATIONAL). THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.