Megalodon Tooth, Very Large at 5 1/2 inches long, Late Miocene-Early Pliocene, Genuine, Worldwide Shipping
These teeth are 100% authentic and unrestored
For sale is a large Megalodon tooth (genuine and un-restored). These teeth were found in South Carolina and vary slightly from one another in terms of overall appearance. They are all in good condition with minimal wear. We have several of these teeth available. These teeth are unrestored (100% natural).
- The tooth you'll receive will resemble the teeth shown in the pictures, but may not be identical (these are all good quality, complete teeth).
- These teeth measure anywhere between 5.5 inches to 5.99 inches long (and about 3 to 3 3/4 inches wide).
- On the average, these teeth weigh about 14 ounces a piece (about 5/6 lbs)
- Relative dating has been used to date these to the late miocene-early pliocene eras.
(from dinosaurs.about.com): Not only was Megalodon the biggest prehistoric shark that ever lived; it was the largest marine predator in the history of the planet, vastly outweighing both the modern Great White Shark and ancient reptiles like Liopleurodon and Kronosaurus.
11 Facts About Megalodon (from dinosaurs.about.com):
- Megalodon Grew Up to 60 Feet Long (some exceptionally large individuals could have exceeded 70 feet)
- Megalodon Liked to Munch on Giant Whales
- Megalodon Had the Most Powerful Bite of Any Creature That Ever Lived
- Megalodon's Teeth Were Over Seven Inches Long
- Megalodon Liked to Bite the Fins Off its Prey
- Megalodon's Closest Living Relative is the Great White Shark
- Megalodon Was Much Bigger than the Biggest Marine Reptiles
- Megalodon's Teeth Were Once Known as "Tongue Stones"
- Megalodon Had a Worldwide Distribution
- No One Knows Why Megalodon Went Extinct
THE ITEM(S) WILL BE SHIPPED OUT VIA STANDARD MAIL (USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL) (ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 3-14 WORKING DAYS DEPENDING ON COUNTRY AND LOCATION). THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.