Megalodon Tooth (partial), Late Miocene-Early Pliocene, Genuine, Worldwide Shipping
These teeth are 100% authentic and unrestored
For sale is a partial (not complete) megalodon tooth (genuine and un-restored). These teeth were found off the coast of Florida and vary considerably from one another in terms of overall appearance. We have several of these teeth available.
- The tooth you'll receive will resemble the teeth shown in the pictures, but may differ considerably, some are more complete than others. (All are partial, some are half pieces, some are broken off at the top, bottom, etc.).
- These teeth measure anywhere between 2.5 inches to 4 inches long.
- On the average, these teeth weigh about 6 ounces a piece
- Relative dating has been used to date these to the late miocene-early pliocene eras.
(from dinosaurs.about.com): Not only was Megalodon the biggest prehistoric shark that ever lived; it was the largest marine predator in the history of the planet, vastly outweighing both the modern Great White Shark and ancient reptiles like Liopleurodon and Kronosaurus.
11 Facts About Megalodon (from dinosaurs.about.com):
- Megalodon Grew Up to 60 Feet Long (some exceptionally large individuals could have exceeded 70 feet)
- Megalodon Liked to Munch on Giant Whales
- Megalodon Had the Most Powerful Bite of Any Creature That Ever Lived
- Megalodon's Teeth Were Over Seven Inches Long
- Megalodon Liked to Bite the Fins Off its Prey
- Megalodon's Closest Living Relative is the Great White Shark
- Megalodon Was Much Bigger than the Biggest Marine Reptiles
- Megalodon's Teeth Were Once Known as "Tongue Stones"
- Megalodon Had a Worldwide Distribution
- No One Knows Why Megalodon Went Extinct
THE ITEM(S) WILL BE SHIPPED OUT VIA STANDARD MAIL (USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL) (ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 3-14 WORKING DAYS DEPENDING ON COUNTRY AND LOCATION). THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.