Bull Shark Tooth, (also known as the Zambezi shark and the Nicaraguan shark), Genuine, Necklace, Worldwide Shipping
For sale is a Bull Shark tooth. Bull sharks are extant in various parts of the world (including North America, Central America, and Africa) and can reach lengths of up to 8 feet long. They are an aggressive species of shark. This tooth originates from Nicaragua.
- The tooth itself measures about .70-1 inches long (1.8 to 2.5cm) long and may differ slightly from what is pictured in the photos.
- The length of the necklace is about 17 inches with a 2 inches extension (43 cm + 5 cm ) , and is adjustable.
- The tooth is hand wrapped in lead free wire.
"The bull shark (Carcharhinus leucas) is an aggressive shark found throughout the world in warm, shallow waters along coasts, in estuaries, in lakes, and in rivers. Although bull sharks have been found inland as far as the Mississippi River in Illinois, they aren't a true freshwater species. The bull shark is listed as "near threatened" by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)."
- Bull sharks get their common name both from their appearance and their behavior. The shark is large and stocky, with a broad, flat snout and an unpredictable, aggressive nature.
- Bull sharks mainly eat bony fish and smaller sharks, including bull sharks. As opportunistic predators, they also eat terrestrial mammals, birds, turtles, crustaceans, echinoderms, and dolphins. They use the bump-and-bite strategy to attack prey, typically hunting in murky water. Usually, bull sharks are solitary hunters, although they may hunt in pairs to trick prey. Although bull sharks hunt in murky water, they can see color and use it to seek prey. They can be attracted to bright yellow gear, for example. The sharks hunt both during the day and at night.
- Adult sharks mate in late summer or early autumn. It takes 10 years for a shark to reach maturity. In the mating ritual, the male bites the female's tail until she turns upside down, allowing him to copulate. Mature females often have bite marks and scratches.
- Bull sharks are apex predators, so their main threat is mankind. However, they may be attacked by great white sharks, tiger sharks, and crocodiles. The average life span of a bull shark is 16 years."
THE ITEM(S) WILL BE SHIPPED OUT VIA STANDARD MAIL (DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL) (ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 3-5 WORKING DAYS DOMESTIC AND 8-14 DAYS INTERNATIONAL DEPENDING ON COUNTRY AND LOCATION). THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.