Megalodon Tooth, Large at 4 inches long, Late Miocene-Early Pliocene, Genuine, Worldwide Shipping
These teeth are 100% authentic and unrestored. Each purchase is for one tooth.
For sale are several Megalodon teeth. These teeth were found in South Carolina and are greyish-black in color. These teeth are unrestored (100% natural).
- The tooth you'll receive will resemble the teeth shown in the pictures, but may not be identical (we pick one at random).
- These teeth measure anywhere between 4 inches to 4 1/2 inches long (and about 2 3/4 inches wide).
- Relative dating has been used to date these to the late miocene-early pliocene eras.
*We have too many of these teeth to list each one individually, if you'd like to see the exact megalodon teeth we have in stock please email us at info@rocksolidfossils for pictures.*
(from dinosaurs.about.com): Not only was Megalodon the biggest prehistoric shark that ever lived; it was the largest marine predator in the history of the planet, vastly outweighing both the modern Great White Shark and ancient reptiles like Liopleurodon and Kronosaurus.
11 Facts About Megalodon (from dinosaurs.about.com):
- Megalodon Grew Up to 60 Feet Long (some exceptionally large individuals could have exceeded 70 feet)
- Megalodon Liked to Munch on Giant Whales
- Megalodon Had the Most Powerful Bite of Any Creature That Ever Lived
- Megalodon's Teeth Were Over Seven Inches Long
- Megalodon Liked to Bite the Fins Off its Prey
- Megalodon's Closest Living Relative is the Great White Shark
- Megalodon Was Much Bigger than the Biggest Marine Reptiles
- Megalodon's Teeth Were Once Known as "Tongue Stones"
- Megalodon Had a Worldwide Distribution
- No One Knows Why Megalodon Went Extinct
THE ITEM(S) WILL BE SHIPPED OUT VIA STANDARD MAIL (USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL) (ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 3-14 WORKING DAYS DEPENDING ON COUNTRY AND LOCATION). THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.